“Asians in the Library – UCLA Girl going wild on Asians” Racist Rebuttal Skip to main content

“Asians in the Library – UCLA Girl going wild on Asians” Racist Rebuttal

Listen to this article. Powered by Odiogo.com


Alexandra Wallace in "Asians in the Library: UCLA Girl Racist Rant" video
Alexandra Wallace in "Asians in the Library: UCLA Girl's Racist Rant" video
Hello fair AMWW Magazine readers, it’s huggable Heather with a timely article about a recent, sadly racist, event.
Yesterday, I was given a link to a Youtube video called “Asians in the Library – UCLA Girl going wild on Asians”. Upon reading the title, however, I exited out of it. I told my friend I would not watch it because I knew I would just get angry. Eventually, though, my curiosity got the better of me and I just had to look.
You bet your sweet ass I was offended.
My first impression was lackluster at best. The way she, Alexandra Wallace (aka UCLA Girl) looked, the way she moved – nothing about her told me I should take her seriously, the words that come out of that Barbie-doll mouth notwithstanding.
Everything about her seemed as fake as her hair extensions.
Of course, then she started talking…and the only way for me to critique her “work” is to break it down, piece by piece.
“So we know that I’m not the most politically correct person so don’t take this offensively. I don’t mean it toward any of my friends I mean it toward random people that I don’t even know in the library. So, you guys are not the problem.”
Oh, of course…the “disclaimer.” You know, you had to watch this part where she tried her hardest to cover her ass in case she gets a shitstorm of negativity from it. I had a teacher from the South once who explained to me that you could make fun of someone you liked, be it your mother, father, or dying grandmother, so long as you said “bless their heart” right before it.
“And that Camilla girl, bless her heart, but she needs to learn to take a shower every once in a while!”
Translation: I love her so I wouldn’t viciously make fun of her body odor…I mean well.
“I’m not politically correct so don’t get offended…I don’t mean this toward my friends…”
Translation: Excuse what I say because I’m not saying it to hurt my friends (we’re still up for Brad’s party later, right?) and I’m not trying to coddle any of you so don’t be hatin’!
I’m sorry, but that disclaimer excuses nothing, especially not your blatant racism that’s about to ensue.
“The problem is these hordes of Asian people that UCLA accepts into our school every single year, which is fine. But if you’re going to come to UCLA then use American manners.”
Alexandra Wallace (UCLA Girl) in her Model Mayhem profile pic
Alexandra Wallace (UCLA Girl) in her Model Mayhem profile pic
Oh, I’m sorry these people don’t look like you, have the same natural hair color as you, and have the same ignorant opinions as you; I’m sorry these “hordes” are invading “your” school. Must be hard for you, going to school and going about your daily life with these “hordes” of Asians running around, trying to do the exact same thing you do.
Tsk tsk…is there anything these Asians HAVEN’T done to exacerbate your problems? And WHERE are their American manners? How dare they not look like you yet demand to be called American!
That’s just…well, actually, that’s just AMERICAN of them. I’m assuming there’s a fairly good mixture within these “hordes” of those born here and those born overseas. Regardless, both are American; yes, even the ones who immigrated here. They came here for a better life, like many of our ancestors – to be perfectly honest, the immigrants (Asian or not) are the true emblems of the American image; working hard to contribute to their families, their communities, and their new country.
“…I’ll be in like deep into my studying, into my political science theories and arguments and all that stuff, getting it all down, like typing away furiously, blah blah, blah, and then all of a sudden when I’m about to like reach an epiphany…”
…excuse me for fifteen minutes, I’m about to laugh my ass off at the thought of this girl having any sort of epiphany.
“…overhear from somewhere, “Ooooh Ching Chong Ling Long Ting Tong, Ooohhhhh.”
…if I have to explain to anyone why this may be considered offensive, I will never regain my faith in humanity. Of course, though, I can’t just leave it like that, sooooo…it’s offensive because you’ve basically just undermined them as a person.
Is that all they are to you? Just “Asian?”
Even your so-called “friends” don’t appreciate that. If you can’t look at an Asian without having stereotypical garbage-Mandarin run through your head, you are stereotyping an entire race of people – it would be like someone thinking of the stereotype that all blonde White girls are racist after viewing your video.
By the way, thanks for that. You just set ALL THE WORK I’VE EVER DONE back about twenty paces. I’m tempted to dye my hair brown so I don’t get lumped into the same category as you.
“…being the polite, nice American girl that my momma raised me to be…”
Sweetheart, I’m sure we have the same kind of “homegrown American momma.” If I ever said anything like this anywhere, my mother would slap the racism off my face faster than I could make a crappy vlog about it.
The thing is, my mom instilled in me something more American than your supposed “manners:” she taught me compassion for other people, tolerance toward those different than me, and the humility to know that, in the end, I’m no better than anyone else. It’s a shame your momma never got around to it.
“I swear they’re going through their whole families, just checking on everybody from the tsunami thing.”
Please change your major. You fail at political science…and human decency, for that matter.
“…even if you’re not Asian you really shouldn’t be on your cell phone in the library but I’ve just never seen that happen before so thank you for listening and have a nice day.”
It’s a shame we don’t go to the same school. Depending on who calls me, I ramble on in broken Mandarin/German/Spanish on a regular basis on my phone, and have, on occasion, done so in the library. But this girl has given me a lot of insight.
Firstly, how Asian/Asian-American racism is alive and well in the minds of our youth. I thought we were getting past this, but it seems there is a long road ahead of us.
Secondly, the impact her video has had on the internet. I didn’t realize she had already taken it down – I watched someone’s bootleg of it. I copied a pre-written transcript and I read many of the posts on the UCLA’s chancellor’s page. This has caused quite a commotion, to say the least. There are even remixed song versions of Asians in the Library – UCLA Girl going wild on Asians!
Heather: "Asian Boys are Better!"
Heather: "Asian Boys are Better!"
Lastly, I became saddened by fellow White people who just don’t “get it.”
Too many times I’ve seen the comment “lighten up, it’s just a joke” and “I don’t see why everyone’s so mad.”
Of course you don’t – you’re White (and so am I for that matter).
  • You will never be hurtfully discriminated against for your race in your home country a day in your life.
  • You will never know what it feels like to be told to go home early from a sleepover because you’re the “Asian one out.”
  • You’ll never know what it feels like to be lynched because you’re “too Black for my liking.”
  • You’ll never be told that you’re “stealing honest Americans’ jobs.”
  • You’ll never know what it feels like to go through school and learn, historically, that people of your race were treated horrendously in your textbooks.
To those people, I say, simply, that you are no better than her.
Rumor has it she’s been expelled for her video. Even though she’s not in school anymore, I have some homework for her: open your eyes to the hurt you’ve caused to Asian-Americans – your fellow Americans.
Maybe then you’ll find your “manners” to be seriously lacking.

http://www.asianmanwhitewoman.com/heather/editorial/asians-in-the-library-ucla-girl-going-wild-on-asians-racist-rebuttal/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chronology of the Press in Burma

1836 – 1846 * During this period the first English-language newspaper was launched under British-ruled Tenasserim, southern  Burma . The first ethnic Karen-language and Burmese-language newspapers also appear in this period.     March 3, 1836 —The first English-language newspaper,  The Maulmain Chronicle , appears in the city of Moulmein in British-ruled Tenasserim. The paper, first published by a British official named E.A. Blundell, continued up until the 1950s. September 1842 —Tavoy’s  Hsa-tu-gaw  (the  Morning Star ), a monthly publication in the Karen-language of  Sgaw ,  is established by the Baptist mission. It is the first ethnic language newspaper. Circulation reached about three hundred until its publication ceased in 1849. January 1843 —The Baptist mission publishes a monthly newspaper, the Christian  Dhamma  Thadinsa  (the  Religious Herald ), in Moulmein. Supposedly the first Burmese-language newspaper, it continued up until the first year of the second Angl

ARSA claims ambush on Myanmar security forces

Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army (ARSA) on Sunday claimed responsibility for an ambush on Myanmar security forces that left several wounded in northern Rakhine state, the first attack in weeks in a region gutted by violence. Rakhine was plunged into turmoil last August, when a series of ARSA raids prompted a military backlash so brutal the UN says it likely amounts to ethnic cleansing of the Muslim Rohingya minority. The army campaign sent some 650,000 Rohingya fleeing for Bangladesh, where refugees have given harrowing accounts of rape, murder and arson at the hands of security forces and vigilantes. Myanmar's military, which tightly controls information about Rakhine, denies any abuses and insists the crackdown was a proportionate response to crush the "terrorist" threat. ARSA have launched few attacks in recent months.  But the army reported that "about ten" Rohingya terrorists ambushed a car with hand-made mines and gunfire on Friday morning

Thai penis whitening trend raises eyebrows

Image copyright LELUXHOSPITAL Image caption Authorities warn the procedure could be quite painful A supposed trend of penis whitening has captivated Thailand in recent days and left it asking if the country's beauty industry is taking things too far. Skin whitening is nothing new in many Asian countries, where darker skin is often associated with outdoor labour, therefore, being poorer. But even so, when a clip of a clinic's latest intriguing procedure was posted online, it quickly went viral. Thailand's health ministry has since issued a warning over the procedure. The BBC Thai service spoke to one patient who had undergone the treatment, who told them: "I wanted to feel more confident in my swimming briefs". The 30-year-old said his first session of several was two months ago, and he had since seen a definite change in the shade. 'What for?' The original Facebook post from the clinic offering the treatment, which uses lasers to break do